Today, London Labour launches the next stage of our campaign to stop the Great Tory Train Robbery which is hitting millions of Londoners struggling to make ends meet.
As The Evening Standard has revealed under the Tory Mayor of London, commuter fares in London have become the highest in the world, Labour is calling on Boris Johnson to freeze fares at inflation to help to ease the cost of living crisis in the capital.
Londoners who want their voice to be heard should sign our petition at:
Please promote the petition on twitter and facebook using the hastag #GreatToryTrainRobbery.
A few key points:
• Under the Tory Mayor London fares have become the most expensive in the world
• The cost of a single bus journey has increased by 56% under Boris Johnson
• A Zone 1-6 travelcard is now £440 a year more expensive
• His crazy plan to close ticket offices and cut staff will make commuting more difficult and less safe
• Boris Johnson is breaking his election manifesto promise to keep a ticket office open at every station
Labour’s Shadow Minister for London Sadiq Khan said:
“Boris Johnson has an abysmal record of hiking fares year on year that has contributed enormously to the cost-of-living crisis in London. Instead of wasting Londoners money on his vanity projects such as his £354,000 'Boris Buses', it's time he put Londoners first and gave them a break from fare rises."