Hackney North & Stoke Newington Labour Party
London's Housing Crisis - What should be Labour's response?
Tom Copley AM - Labour spokesperson on Housing
Cllr Phil Glanville - Hackney Cabinet Member (Housing)
Owen Jones - Independent columnist
Rosie Walker - DIGS (private renters’ campaign group)
John Calderon - former sec. Hackney Tenants Convention
Hackney residents are facing a housing crisis
- Rents rising by more than 10% a year
- The average renter in Hackney pays 55% of their income straight to their landlord.
- The average cost of a house in Hackney is £500,000 - impossible for most residents to afford to own a home.
- The Bedroom Tax has affected more than 4,000 Hackney residents
- House building is at its lowest level since 1924.