Londoners are worried about what’s happening to their NHS – and they’re right to be. David Cameron has ignored repeated warnings and left Accident and Emergency on the brink of a serious crisis.
Under David Cameron London has seen;
• £3 billion wasted on a top-down reorganisation
• Our NHS for sale to ‘any willing provider”
• Fragmented & inefficient services across London
• 1 million Londoners waiting more than 4 hours in A&E
Over the past year, we’ve seen thousands more patients kept waiting on trolleys. Across the country nearly a million people have had to wait more than 4 hours for treatment in A&E. For 41 of the 52 weeks last year major A&E’s in London and across the country failed to meet the four hour A&E target.
And cuts to elderly care are sending more older people to A&E, making it harder to get the care they need at home. It’s a scandal that David Cameron is allowing care costs to spiral. And that’s stretching A&E to breaking point.
At a time when more than 40% of Londoners are predicted to be obese by 2035 and one in five children in early adolescence is at risk of obesity – we need to be focusing on preventative health and delivering excellent primary and secondary care. We shouldn’t be wasting billions on top down reorganisation.
I support Labour's pledges to;
- Repeal David Cameron’s hated Healthcare Bill
- Guarantee a GP appointment within 48 hours
- Target Public Health money where Londoners need it most
- Integrate Health & Social care – so your loved ones get the care they deserve